Port Said University
Port Said University starred with the decision of the president of the Republic on 24/2/2010 to transfer Suez Canal branch in Port Said to an independent university. The history of the university extends before the decision of its establishment; as the existence of its first faculties was the faculty of engineering in 1975 under the supervision of Helwan University, then under the supervision of Suez Canal University when it was established in 1976. After that, more faculties were established in Port Said Governorate increasing to four faculties prompting the decision of establishing Port Said University as a branch of the Suez Canal University in 1998. The wise decision of the Republic President, for establishing Port Said University in 2010, was the result of the continuous increase of the faculties outreaching nine Educational institutions. Now, Port Said University consists of thirteen faculties including: faculty of Engineering; faculty of Medicine; faculty of Pharmacy; faculty of Science; faculty of Commerce; faculty of Education; faculty of Physical Education; faculty of Specific Education; faculty of nursing; Faculty of education for early childhood; faculty of Arts; faculty of Law and faculty of Management Technology And Information Systems.
Established in 1961 under the name of the Industrial High Institute to be announced as the faculty of engineering in 1975 under Helwan University
In 1976 transferred to be one of the faculties of Suez Canal University
The number of faculties increased to reach 4 faculties.
Port Said University was established in 2020 after the number of faculties increased to 9 faculties.
Now, Port Said University has 13 faculties.
The University seeks continuous development of the educational process through assessing the educational programs and ensuring quality in order to obtain a prominent position and accreditation amongst local, regional, and international universities. The university id establishing new faculties and institutes to cope up with the rapid developments in the fields of modern technology to advance the process of development and production.
The university is providing unique programs characterized by the local and international academic standards in order to qualify graduates with the scientific experience and knowledge in the different fields of specialization to be able to compete in the local, regional, and international labor market; and prepare generations of distinguished scientists, thinkers, and literary figures able to effectively participate in the community service and culture-building and development of environment in order to push the production sectors to global competition.
- Continuous development for the educational and postgraduates programs to insure the quality of the graduates to cope with the age requirements
- Effective use of the university available possibilities to upgrade the graduates scientifically and practically and develop and increase the community services
- Upgrade the administration level of the university through electronic administration in a way that strengths the relation among its faculties and linking it with other local, regional, and international educational institution
- Either to develop unique educational programs or new educational faculties and institutions leads the university to accreditation, and local and regional competitions
- Establishing specialized scientific centers for developing and effective training, community services, and developing and advancing the cultural process
- Providing an atmosphere of creativity and strengthen noble values that keep the society fabric and progress- such as national loyalty, ideals, and ethics- the effective and scientific progress for the society, and solutions for the problems that impede society progression through purposeful research projects